ISO 14000 is a series of international standards that have been developed to incorporate environmental aspects into business operations and product standards. ISO 14001 is a specific standard that incorporates a set of elements designed to minimize an organization’s impact on the environment. Similar to the ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS), ISO 14001 defines the implementation of an Environmental Management System (EMS). In addition, ISO 14001 incorporates the QMS ISO 9001 management system philosophy, terminology, and requirement structure, providing system compatibility.
The Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series, OHSAS 18000, was developed to help organizations control and minimize occupational health and safety risks. OHSAS 18001 is a specific standard for occupational health and safety management systems designed to eliminate or minimize the risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to occupational health and safety risks associated with the business’ activities.
OHSAS 18001 is compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 management systems and represents a progression of a management system philosophy from quality to environmental, continuing to occupational health and safety.
An integrated management system merges EMS, OHSAS, and / or the QMS requirements together into one management system. The significant similarities and overlap between these systems facilitates integration, which provides ease of requirement assimilation, delivers a consistent message, and unites redundant processes.
CAPACCIO can provide ISO / OHSAS / Integrated Management System assistance to Facilities, Environmental, Quality, and Health and Safety Managers with the goal of achieving a registered system. From the development and implementation of these programs, to the audit and achieving the certification, CAPACCIO professionals have hands-on experience and will guide you through the entire process. We will also provide information on what to expect during the audit process and how to successfully plan and strategize to become ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001 certified.
CAPACCIO's management systems services include:
- System integration: QMS, EMS, and / or HSMS
- Strategic planning: EMS and HSMS
- System gap analysis: ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Process mapping
- Implementation facilitation
- ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 pre-assessment
- EMS and HSMS manual development / review
- EMS and HSMS supporting documentation development / review
- Internal audit program development and implementation
- Regulatory incentives analysis
- Compliance and system audits
- Evaluation and selection of registrars
- Training: on-site - system and element based; computer based interactive training; awareness and internal auditor